Friday 30 May 2014

A noble wife who can find? Dress 19

Hello lovelies!
Well it is almost the end of half term -is it just me or was it quite a short half term?
As with all the school holidays my making drops off a little and I have been deliberately trying not to make enough to wear for me made May!
I have however made this little beauty from a free 1950s dress pattern I downloaded off the Internet!
What do you think?
I wanted to wear it today even though it's hideously cloudy so I'm wearing it with my Miss L fire boots- a MULTI-seasonal staple!!
I've called it the Picnic Dress as the fabric reminds me of vintage picnic cloths!

I was pleased to find a pattern that created a thinner strap to the bodice without them being spaghetti straps like the new look 6886 pattern- and it was free! Of course I added a circle skirt as always.
Hopefully the weather will be picnic worthy soon!
I've loved it so much I made another in this pattern- will show some photos soon!!
Have a lovely weekend!
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave me a comment below! Xx