Friday 25 April 2014

she is like the ships of traders: Dress 11

Good morning lovelies! I can't believe Sew Dolly Clackett is over :(
I'm a bit behind in my blogging so this dress was made for the competition but I'm only just posting it now so apologies. (draft posts- got to love 'em). I have made 2 and half more dresses since April 23rd and won a Leibster award so I will be back to sequential blogging once the hols are over- oh, that means Monday!

This dress is a completely sew Dolly Clackett fabric- I think you'll agree!! But I just couldn't resist this completely ridiculous fabric from my local Drapers and as it was only £4.99 a meter I did think "what the hey"!!
I opted for my favourite Retro Butterick bodice and paired it with the half circle skirt from New Look 6886. 
I did my usual and lined it with spare fabric from an Anna dress I'm making.
For all it's a ridiculous fabric it makes a pretty amazing dress! Apologies for the slightly off centre 'selfie'!
My hubby was watching an episode of 'White Collar' on Netflix while I sewed up this dress (if you haven't seen it, it's a fab series!) so I've named the dress 'Caffrey Rules' -get it?!
What do you think?
Xx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks lovely! I still get a few strange looks when I'm wearing it but I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave me a comment below! Xx