Tuesday 25 March 2014

She brings him good not harm: dress 5

Return of Simplicity 2444. Ok, ok I admit it; maybe I was too harsh on Simplicity 2444. I've tried it again and actually got to grips with the bodice at least. I prefer circular skirts and following the success of the Pi dress have now learnt how to make a half circle version so have meshed the Simplicity 2444 bodice to a half circle skirt.

On one of my many trips to the fabric shop I spotted this delightful Russian Dolls fabric Roisin used on the One Good Turn Dress and couldn't resist. 
Russian dolls fabric £5.99 a M
My first few dresses are great but a little too summery for March, even with the delightful bit of sunshine we've been having, so I wanted a fabric that could take me through the transition season!
I had sufficient polka dot fabric leftover from the Rubies dress so have used that to line dress number 5.
I wasn't quite sure what to call this dress but as I was cutting my youngest decided to join me on all fours to draw out a full sized Roman centurion for her homework so we collectively decided to call this one the Russian Romans!!

Having tampered with the bodice of Simplicity 2444 I've actually managed to ensure this dress has the best fit of them all and as the pattern requires a full length back zip it's definitely easier to insert than the Butterick underarm position. The first zip broke after hemming however so I can now add re stitching an invisible zip to my repertoire! I really like the fact that this dress has. Aback bodice that comes up to the neck and could easily see myself making it again in a tartan or heavier fabric and wearing it in the winter with a long sleeved top underneath and boots.

What do you think?
Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave me a comment below! Xx